Monday, January 6, 2014

Me So Pretty

A friend of mine shared a website today.  http://www.pleated-jeans.com/2013/02/07/pretty-girls-making-ugly-faces-22-pics/ Go to it...you won't regret it.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! The web page has pictures of pretty girls making really "ugly" faces.  I have no problem acting silly and not really caring what other people think of me and my crazy antics.  If you would've asked me to do this about 15 years ago, there would have been no way I would have, but now that I have had children, well, let's just say that I have no problem making silly faces for a crowd to see.

So, I share the website on my Facebook page and ask women to post their "ugly" faces in the comment section.  There were two ladies who actually did it.  Kudos to them!  I had other friends text me their picture, show me in person, and refuse to do it.  It got me thinking about life.

We are all beautiful just the way that God created us.  However, we have an "ugly" side too that rears it's ugly head in moments of panic, fear, anger, selfishness, and lack of self esteem. (Bless my poor husband and children who are subject to this side the most.  And maybe some drivers...if they could only drive better!)  When people show other's this side, we allow ourselves to be vulnerable and sometimes in a state of having to ask for forgiveness.  Is this entirely bad?  I don't think so.  These moments allow us to be real.  When we find ourselves vulnerable, that is when God can move.  Sometimes it may mean asking for forgiveness, and other times might mean offering it.  Doesn't our Maker do that with us?  I can only hope that I am moving forward in practicing, "Forgive as the Lord forgave you." (Colossians 3:13)

Ok, so I have to share my pretty girl ugly face picture.  It is a scary sight.  But, I am being vulnerable...


No comments:

Post a Comment