Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beginnings...

We all have to begin somewhere. Well, this is the reason for this blog being started.  I had a friend tell me that I should blog our life and my ideas.  I was incredibly flattered by that suggestion.  I feel like the normal, run-of-the-mill type of wife and mother.  But, because of her encouragement, and aspirations she saw for this "soon-to-be" blog, here I am...

First of all, I guess I will give a long story short version of our background thus far:
girl (me) meets boy (hubby) via MySpace (yes, that was popular at one point), falls in love and gets married (yada yada), wife moves to be with husband (met in one state, he moved to another because of military), both happy in careers, decides to have children, no success, help :), and viola! TWINS.

Hubby deploys when babies are 6 days old, wife/mommy very tired and stressed, hubby comes home, hubby leaves, comes home, leaves...etc etc....gets orders to move to San Antonio, gets to come home every night, adjusts to life as a family, and that brings us to where we are now. :)  BTW, our boy/girl twins, Asher and Abby, are now 22 months old.

Here we are now:

 
 
We are incredibly blessed to have met (being from Massachusetts and Oklahoma), and we know that God is the reason we are together, have stayed together, and why we have two beautiful children. 
 
Because of a person's encouragement, we start new beginnings.  We would not have met, gotten pregnant, bought a house, made career choices, joined in activities or led groups, started blogs if it hadn't have been for the encouragement of someone. 
 
 
1 Thessalonians 5:11-Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow. Very well written! I love your style of writing. And then the moral to the story... I love it. It makes me walk away feeling as if I have a mission for the day.

    It would be cool to hear more about the characters in your story on another blog post. This is a great beginning introducing the plot ;-).

    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott's sisters talked me into blogging when we first got married. I always print my blog at the end of the year into a journal. It's way easier than scrapbooking! You have such a cute family! Welcome to the blog world. Ha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete